It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

TOD Form  ||   Your TOD  ||   Other's TOD  ||   NDG's TOD  ||   Member Stuff  ||   NDG Members  ||   NDG Member Costumes  ||   Command Staff Admin  ||   501st Legion Forum

Post subject: Certification levels
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:43 pm 
Imperial Cadet
Imperial Cadet

Home Garrison: No Garrison Affiliation
I keep seeing level two and three certification levels all over 501 boards, what does that mean?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Certification levels
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:22 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

501st ID number: NA-6830
Home Garrison: Northern Darkness Garrison
A lot of detachments have different level certifications for their costumes based on accuracy, details, materials used, that sort of thing. The goal of the club is to have everything be as screen accurate as possible within a certain set of guidelines. The higher tier certifications are detachment specific ways to reward those who wish to take things to the next level.

For example, the FISD has three levels of certification that can be summed up as follows:

Level 1: Basic Approval
-Grants you access and official status within the 501st Legion
-You've met the minimum required specifications of the costume (which is a high standard of accuracy to begin with)

Level 2: Expert Infantry (EIB)
-Same as Level 1, Legion access yattayatta.
-You've met specific requirements to meet this standard. i.e. Specific number and placement of screws on the helmet, original hardware for the mic tips, original style of gloves, etc.

Level 3: Centurion
-Same as the last two
-Added specifications such as hand painted details on the helmet (as opposed to stickers or decals), extra elastic bands holding the shoulder straps down, latex rubber hand guards (as opposed to hard plastic), etc.

Keep in mind that other detachments have different names and numbers of their higher tier certifications. An example being the Mos Eisley Police Department (M.E.P.D., the Sandtrooper detachment). They have basic, Police, and S.W.A.T.... Same concept, different names.

If you're striving for the higher level certifications, you first apply for basic approval within the Legion. Then once you've been given official approval, you can make a request specifically within the detachment forums to apply for next level certification.

That was a lot of info, but I hope I helped!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:37 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

501st ID number: TX-69901
Home Garrison: Northern darkness garrison
Good break down Caleb that is a lot of info and I agree about building it first to get in. However if you are certain you want to go for a higher certification level it's easier to build it from the start to meet that level rather than going back and modding it. For instance a entry TK requires the joints to be butt joint and cover strips. Level 3 requires those joints to be over lap with no cover strips. That's a tough fix once it's all glued together. But as usual you do what you want as this is yours and you will be wearing it. Remember ask questions that's what we're here for.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:56 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

501st ID number: NA-6830
Home Garrison: Northern Darkness Garrison
Scott is correct. If you're going for a higher certification, build your costume for it from the start.

I was simply saying that when you finish the costume, the application process is Legion first, then higher cert with detachment second.