It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

TOD Form  ||   Your TOD  ||   Other's TOD  ||   NDG's TOD  ||   Member Stuff  ||   NDG Members  ||   NDG Member Costumes  ||   Command Staff Admin  ||   501st Legion Forum

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:21 pm 
High Admiral
High Admiral

501st ID number: TI 1725
Home Garrison: Northern Darkness Garrison
NDG,
A couple weeks ago I sent an email out about doing a base tour. Now that things are going to calm down with all the Squad/Garrison dramas id like to repost this idea here. I have made some corrections to the email so this post will superseed that email, so please take the time to re-read.
Some things not mentioned in the email that i feel you should know.
1. Right now, because of the limited numbers that i can bring on base, this invitation is for NDG members, their significant other (Husband, Wife, Boyfriend, girlfriend) and member's kids ONLY. Im really sorry i have to limit who can come but i will already be asking to extend the numbers as it is and dont want to push my luck to far. IF need be I might be able to hold a separate event upon request. Once you have sent me your list (An email will be sent you via my military email account) and i have submitted the list to Base PR there will be no add on's. simply put... if youre not on the list, you dont come on base. but more on this later when the offical request and instructions go out. however if you have any questions please feel free to PM me ;)

2. Photos... I have spoken to Base PR and any photos taken with the Air Craft can not be used by the garrison as promotion material. meaning we cant take a group photo and use it as an offical photo on out web site, boards or social media pages. we can post them as a way to say look what we did, it was cool... past that its a no-go. I (WE) will have to sign an agreement with the base PR office stating none of us will do so before they will let us take any pics.

3. I need responces from everyone so i know who is interested. To set this event up will take alot of work not just on my part but on the part of many offices on base. they set up a display A10 for photos, which mean moving things around and making sure all the classified is off the plane before hand. SO... unless there is enough interest I cant justify making all these people do extra work just for a couple people.

4. The date is a working Date. It could change based on PR's approval.

5. I have to move on this quick. They like to have lists 30 days in advance and we are already close to that.

Below is the e-mail i sent out (With corrections)... Read it... and let me know... Thanks NDG!

Greetings NDG,
First, I’d like to extend to you all my heart felt wishes to you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 2013 should prove to be a big year for NDS… well… Northern Darkness Garrison! We all have a huge undertaking this next year setting the ground work for NDG. We’ve asked for it… Now it’s time to “Put our money where our mouth is”. I know we’re all really burned out and tired. Some of us (to include myself) just don't even feel like digging out our costumes, let alone show up for a troop. I, for one, realize that it’s now time to step up and grab this opportunity by the stones and RUN with it. All of us, new and old have many talents and ideas to bring to the table and every one of them is needed. We ALL have a responsibility to seek out and set up trooping events. Newbies, talk to the veterans, ask for advice and guidance because we will ALL be happy to help. Veterans, talk to the newbies and draw inspiration from their enthusiasm and new ideas.
So with that…
SSgt. Nicholas Timmis (DZ10309) and I (TR/TI 1725) would like to invite all of you and your families to the 122FW base for a base tour, photo op with an A-10, experience to of our training and a “Pot Luck” dinner.
WHEN: The working date is Saturday Feb 2nd. (subject to change)
TIME: TBD
WHERE: 122nd Fighter Wing, Fort Wayne IN
WHO’s Invited: Members of Northern Darkness Squad/Garrison and your immediate families or significant other. (The number of people we can bring on base is very limited so I’m sorry we have restrict who can come. So we’d like to stick with members, their spouses/significant other, and your children.)
Nick and I wanted to kick off our new Garrison with something huge and very cool. Many have asked to come out as see the A-10s so here is your chance and I’m afraid these chances are dwindling rapidly. So don't miss this chance.
We would like everyone to bring your costumes so we can take a photo with the A-10.
Everyone should bring a food dish to share. (More details on this later)
I would appreciate it if EVERYONE would respond to this e-mail so I know I have a good contacts for everyone (Whether you can come or not). Later I will be sending out an email from my official base e-mail account to acquire some information so I can get everyone on base. Also be aware that the date could change. I just had to pick a date to start the process with the base.
New laws will require me to ask for: (DO NOT SEND THIS INFORMATION UNTIL YOU RECEIVE THE OFFICAL E-MAIL ASKING FOR IT)
1. Full legal names for all attending
2. Social Security Numbers for anyone over 18.
3. Driver’s license numbers (driving or not)
4. Any criminal history (Don't care about traffic tickets)
5. Birth dates
A simple background and DMV check as to be done before the commander will approve base entry.
All information IS protected by the Privacy Act or 1974. Basically that means the 122nd will NOT and can NOT give this information to ANYONE. Only those who need to know will have access to your information.
But more on all this later.

Hope to hear from you all soon, and Happy and Safe Holidays to you all from Me, Allen and Emily
TOM
TR/TI 1725

"The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office." -Dwight D. Eisenhower-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:20 pm 
High Admiral
High Admiral

Zero_K wrote:
For crying out loud, I just want to drive one of those A-10's -- I don't want a loan or anything.... ;)

BTW - when you steal my identity, be sure to put your address on all my credit card bills - NO TAKE BACKS!!

Yeah i dont think so...lol.

"The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office." -Dwight D. Eisenhower-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:22 pm 
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

501st ID number: SL-8596
Home Garrison: MWG
|: EIB #257
Men in White Fire Team
i would be in for the tour

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:41 am 
Captain
Captain

501st ID number: SL-8899
|: "De Facto" 1 of 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse and proud NDG member.
you know I'm there after work! Wouldnt miss it!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:32 pm 
Moff
Moff

501st ID number: TS-2817
Home Garrison: northern darkness garrison
unless the date moves,I have to work that day.If it is a concrete day,i can request vacation.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:14 pm 
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

501st ID number: TX-7833
Home Garrison: NDG
|: Spec Ops Detachment Chief Editor
Sooo ready for this!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:12 pm 
IOC Detachment Leader
IOC Detachment Leader

501st ID number: TK-4584
Home Garrison: Northern Darkness
|: IOC- Executive Officer
FISD-Fire Team Director
EIB #198, Centurion #40
Fire Team 500 Founder
I'd be up for it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:55 am 
High Admiral
High Admiral

501st ID number: SL-2374
|: Sith Lord Detachment
Flagship Eclipse
I think that I have wrestling training that weekend. I will double check and let you know

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:42 pm 
High Admiral
High Admiral

no chance of getting to skip it for a couple hours for one day?...lol. You know you want to... ;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:55 pm 
Vice-Admiral
Vice-Admiral

501st ID number: DZ-9983
I'm down. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:28 pm 
High Admiral
High Admiral

Ill leave this up throught the end of the year but ill be starting the process drill weekend. Get your name on the list now so i know who to send emails to. I would hate for anyone to miss this. it very well cold be our only chance at this.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:04 pm 
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Men in White Fire Team
Come on everyone, this is a once and a lifetime (for some 8-) )

I know tom would love to see everyone out at the base for the tour, hell maybe we could get an official NDG group pic (outside the base)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:22 pm 
High Admiral
High Admiral

Ok this weekend is Drill and ill be starting the paperwork and process for the tour. so here is you last chace to get in on the this. As it stands, these are the people who have communicated with me their interst:
Bryon & Nichole
Matt F.
Jon
Courtney +1
Rhea +1
Mark
Josh +1
Rob
Joel

Maybes???:
Chris C +1
Will
Derek +1

If you are interested please post here or email me (thefetth1138@yahoo.com).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:48 pm 
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Men in White Fire Team
I can't wait