It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

TOD Form  ||   Your TOD  ||   Other's TOD  ||   NDG's TOD  ||   Member Stuff  ||   NDG Members  ||   NDG Member Costumes  ||   Command Staff Admin  ||   501st Legion Forum

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:25 pm 
Imperial Cadet
Imperial Cadet

Home Garrison: No Garrison Affiliation
Hey everyone!

It's been a long time goal of mine to join the 501st. I'm currently living in Fort Wayne and would love to join you awesome folks. I love seeing you around town and want to be part of what you do.

I'd like to be a TK Stormtrooper and have no idea where to start with obtaining armor. Can you lend me some advice?

Currently, I am looking to drop about 50 lbs. in the next 5 months. My wife and I have agreed that joining the 501st will be my reward when I reach this goal. It would be nice to have support from you all as I work to improve my health. Thanks for reading. I look forward to meeting you!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:09 am 
Garrison Guard
Garrison Guard

501st ID number: TS-12127
Home Garrison: Northern Darkness Garrison
Welcome to the forum! First off, can you come to the Tin Caps game this Friday? We'll be there, and it'd be a great opportunity for you to say hi.

We have lots of folks here with good advice on TKs, but first off, do **NOT** buy from eBay or StarFortress.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:58 pm 
Imperial Cadet
Imperial Cadet

Thanks for the reply! I'll be at the TinCaps game on Friday. I'm actually taking a group from the church I work with.

I met a couple folks at the Appleseed Comic Con (blanking on names... Mara Jade and a Gamorrean when in costume I believe) that pointed me to the forums. Seems like the TinCaps game would be a difficult place to chat as you peeps are typically crowded.

What is the next step? Head to a website to order armor? Head to another part of the forum to get specific advice?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:16 pm 
Garrison PRO
Garrison PRO

501st ID number: TB-12278
|: 501st Pathfinders
Hi John,

Welcome to the forums! I'm not an expert on TK's (some of our other guys could give you specifics on the various makers of armor, etc. but your next step should be to sign up on http://www.whitearmor.net/ and introduce yourself. They've got build threads to peruse and many resources for troopers-to-be.

Come hang out at events and get to know the fine guys and gals in your area. Some of them have been around a long time and built multiple costumes so you can draw on their knowledge. We usually host several "armor parties" where we all hang out and work on our projects together. Keep an eye out for upcoming gatherings.

Most of all, take your time and have fun! Don't rush a decision because if you buy the wrong armor you could spend countless hours and dollars making it "approvable."

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:17 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

501st ID number: TX-69901
Home Garrison: Northern darkness garrison
Welcome John,
Stay away from Jedi Robe too. The FISD ( whitearmor.net ) is a great place to find everything you need. Take some time and read through the different threads, there is tons of really good info there. There is a small list of recommended or preferred makers of armor.

Like Matt said take your time, follow the 3 R's research, research, research. Before I made a decision on my armor I researched it for almost 9 months lol that's a little much but I read as much as I could find on the FISD (white stormtrooper) web site, the 501st web site, and because I wanted a black stormtrooper the Special Operations web link from the 501st page. It allowed me to choose what would best work for what I wanted. Use your 5 months wisely. We are here to help you anyway we can.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:24 am 
Garrison Guard
Garrison Guard

501st ID number: TS-12127
The other question is, why be a conformist and a TK? TBs and TSs are way cooler.

;)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:24 am 
Imperial Cadet
Imperial Cadet

Thank you all so much for your replies! I hope to see some of you at the game tonight.

I guess I am choosing TK because I have a heart for the classics. I had a ton of TK figures and knew the armor top to bottom from drawing it so many times. I could be persuaded to move in another direction... Maybe something with a big cannon to fit my large upper body. :P

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:26 pm 
IOC Detachment Leader
IOC Detachment Leader

501st ID number: TK-4584
Home Garrison: Northern Darkness
|: IOC- Executive Officer
FISD-Fire Team Director
EIB #198, Centurion #40
Fire Team 500 Founder
WHY A TK?!?! Because TK's are the BEST!!!

LOL!

Welcome the the NDG!

Get yourself the the FISD asap: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/, get registered and look at this section: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/. We can get you off to the right start for a TK.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:44 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Cause the TK and of course the TX are the back bone of the Imperial army!! Lol

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:03 am 
Admiral
Admiral

501st ID number: TK-10651
Home Garrison: Northern Darkness
|: First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment
Fire Team 500
Yes Ruck.. TX's were so awesome in the death star scenes when they... oh wait.. they weren't in that movie... Well TX's were so cool in Empire Strikes..... oh wait... Well then they were instrumental in defending Endor in Return of the .... Well, nevermind.. I'm sure they were covered in something somewhere Star Wars related...

MWWAAAAHAHAHAHAAA :lol:

GET A TK!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:32 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Steve, Steve, Steve,
TX's are only called in when you need the job done right the first time. If the TX's were involved in A New Hope, we would have found the droids and avoided the Death Star incident. Crap Steve they were right in front of you guys!!!! We are immune to the force if you know about us, we are given force powers by the Emperor. Ha there wouldn't even be a two more movies lol!!! Same thing in Empire. We would have captured the Falcon and it would have been over. Oh wait there was Return Of The Jedi. Well there again Luke would have ended up in the pit, Solo would have stayed in carbonite, and the Princess would have been locked up, Ok we just would have blasted her lol!! Do the research the TX's are called in when the white troops are getting there booties handed to them lol!!! COME ON SON DONT COME UP IN HERE WITH THAT WEAK CRAP!!!!!

Baaaahhaaaaahhhaaa!!!!