It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

TOD Form  ||   Your TOD  ||   Other's TOD  ||   NDG's TOD  ||   Member Stuff  ||   NDG Members  ||   NDG Member Costumes  ||   Command Staff Admin  ||   501st Legion Forum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:37 am 
Garrison Guard
Garrison Guard

501st ID number: TS-12127
Home Garrison: Northern Darkness Garrison
We'll start at 11am at the Maplecrest store. You're welcome to come visit and chat!

501st membership is restricted to those over 19, but there is the Galactic Academy for younger ones. We have a lot of folks with kids who troop alongside us unofficially.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:58 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

501st ID number: TX-69901
Home Garrison: Northern darkness garrison
Hey Jeff these armor parties are for all members and potential members and families to come hang out talk SW and work on any projects you want. So bring your family if you like.

We can give you places to go to order armor but they are in kit form and you put it together yourself like a giant model Kit. But that's what these get togethers are for, we'll help each other put them together. We have some awesome members that master these kits like champs, they have put together many!!

As far as kids armor goes that's an expensive option, when you put these kits together you fit it to you there isn't much room for adjusting cause there hard enough to walk in when there fit perfect to you, but you'll want to make it a little bigger so they can grow and still be able to wear it awhile. So that makes it fit a little bit big making moving around really awkward and uncomfortable, kids don't last long wearing it at troops in my experiance.

Due to that fact there are very limited makers of kids armor because of the low demand. I would suggest starting in a Jedi costume there much cheaper, there easy to move around in, there comfortable, and there not as hot to wear as armor, but that's up to you bro. I know one of our members has a kids set of armor there kid wears so he would be able to help you if that's what you truly want.

Ask questions, ask a lot of questions and don't just take my word for it that's just my option ask other members what they think, that will allow you to make a better choice. But definetly come out to our event at the Mad Ants game to hang out and see how things work. Also like I suggested to Stacey take time to read over the code of conduct and other topics that are listed on our web site. Kinda gives you an idea of what to expect. We are all pretty laid back like I said before, we go out represent the 501st and have a good time!