It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

TOD Form  ||   Your TOD  ||   Other's TOD  ||   NDG's TOD  ||   Member Stuff  ||   NDG Members  ||   NDG Member Costumes  ||   Command Staff Admin  ||   501st Legion Forum

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:46 am 
Garrison Guard
Garrison Guard

501st ID number: TK-3260
Home Garrison: Northern Darkness Garrison
|: San Diego Star Wars Society - Founder
Rebel Legion
Imperial Sands Garrison
Weird Al's Squad
Widowmakers
Hey all!

Just moved to South Bend from San Diego, CA.

Yes, I'm crazy. We've established that. I dress in white plastic in public. ;)

Relocated my family due to "new orders"... am a pastor and I've joined the staff at South Side Baptist Church here in SB, after 21 years of ministry in San Diego. I'm a writer for Worship Leader Magazine, a race car driver, greasemonkey & racing instructor at Willow Springs International Raceway, recording artist, and longtime 501st member, co-founder of the San Diego Star Wars Society and San Diego FanForce, Rebel Legion member as well. Also a 30 year veteran senior staff committee member at San Diego Comic-Con, and an MC, panelist, professional, and presenter both there and at Star Wars Celebration. Been pretty active in the cosplay community at large, and so has my daughter aka #LittlestJedi who has graced the cover of Wired Magazine. Have gotten to work very closely with LFL over the past decade, and have had a lot of cool opportunities arise from that.
Have been part of Weird Al's performing Troop troupe for about 8 years, organized & marched in the Holiday Bowl Parade and Coronado 4th of July Parade for many years. Was Trooper #16 on the Deal or No Deal Star Wars Special, and in a few Star Wars TV commercials you may have seen over the years.

Looking forward to getting to getting involved here in the NDG!! Hoping to meet a few of you at the Zoo & Boo next weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:05 pm 
Captain
Captain

501st ID number: ID-31172
|: 19th Command Division
19th Imperial Fighter Wing/Nighthawk Flight
Kilted Trooper Brigade
Welcome to the NDG!

And on the other side-

Generic Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:21 pm 
Garrison Guard
Garrison Guard

Rebel Legion
Imperial Sands Garrison
Weird Al's Squad
Widowmakers
Thanks! I saw a 501st sticker on a pickup truck today, thought briefly about following him and seeing if I could introduce myself when he stopped, but then thought that was a bit on the stalkerish side of life, so I kept on driving.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:10 am 
Garrison Guard
Garrison Guard

501st ID number: TS-12127
Welcome! I hope the change isn't too much of a shock. You've traded June Gloom for lake effect snow... yeegh.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:09 am 
Garrison XO
Garrison XO

501st ID number: SL-87769
|: Fire Team 500
Dude, What do you Race? Bit of a gear head myself. We drag race 1/4 mile sportsmans class with an 82 Buick Regal totally stripped down full drag race setup. Then there is the 63 Merc, 67 Camino, yea we like hot rods.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:16 am 
Garrison Guard
Garrison Guard

Rebel Legion
Imperial Sands Garrison
Weird Al's Squad
Widowmakers
I did a bit of let's call it, "amateur" drag racing for awhile. 20 years ago I was heavily into the SoCal street racer scene, helping give birth to the Fast & Furious movies... Started doing legit drag racing at Carlsbad, Terminal Island, and LA County Raceway Palmdale, then I moved into SCCA racing briefly, until I discovered road courses. The first time I took a spin around Buttonwillow, I was hooked! Now I've been a track instructor at Willow Springs International Raceway for about 7 years, and I've spent a good amount of time on Streets of Willow, Horsethief Mile, Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow, and North Island Raceway (Coronado Speed Festival). I've got sponsorships from Discount Tire, Toyo Tires, HRE wheels, and a few VW specific tuners.

Have done a couple of rallye stints as well, though they cause so much damage to my car I doubt I'll get into that without some serious sponsorships to repair it afterward!

Unfortunately, I drove my real race car off a cliff 4 years ago. Not much left of it.

While I've been racing my Mk4 .:R32 to stay sharp, it's also my daily driver so I've kept in mainly stock, changing just the brakes and wheel/tire combos for track use.

Of my current project cars, one is probably not going to be a track star, but more of a grand tourer for taking out on country roads.

The other is a historical restoration project.

At some point, I'll probably twin turbo the .:R32 and go hogwild with it, because 700hp sounds pretty appealing. However, my brother back in SoCal has a Lingenfelter Z06 C5 twin turbo which he recently *detuned* to only 900whp, and I tend to hang out with guys that have cars with way more than that, so it would really just be for me to enjoy some faster straightaways at the tracks, more than being competitive with the big boys.

I've got a long list of cars I'd like to have in the stable as well... perhaps when the .:R32 becomes a track star, I'll do something quirky like a Delorean for a daily driver.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:36 pm 
Imperial Cadet
Imperial Cadet

501st ID number: Recruit
Home Garrison: No Garrison Affiliation
Nice Corrado! I've always liked the looks of them!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:25 pm 
Garrison Guard
Garrison Guard

Rebel Legion
Imperial Sands Garrison
Weird Al's Squad
Widowmakers
Thanks! They're quite fun to drive as well. Reputation as the best handling FWD of the 90's is well deserved.